Friday 4 May 2018

About the Neckbeard Society

The Neckbeard Society was created to celebrate and promote the neckbeard as a beard style, and to research the history and current status of neckbeards around the world.

***

Brief FAQ:

What is a neckbeard?

In a neckbeard, hair grows on the neck but not on the face. To count as a neckbeard, the face must be clean-shaven to the bottom of the chin or lower. The neckbeard should not be confused with the more popular "chin curtain" beard, where hair is allowed to grow over the chin (the chin curtain was famously worn by Abraham Lincoln, for instance).

Why do we need a Neckbeard Society?

The neckbeard is currently one of the least popular beard styles. Indeed, it has such a low reputation that the word "neckbeard" is often used a derogatory slang term for unattractive and socially awkward men. The Neckbeard Society aims to resist this unjustified vilification of what is in fact a cool and sophisticated beard style.

How do I join the Neckbeard Society?

You can join the Neckbeard Society by sending me a photo of yourself wearing a neckbeard that I can put up on the blog.

Is this a joke?

No.

***

The Neckbeard Society was founded by Kane Baker, who is also the current President of the Society.


15 comments:

  1. Hi id like to join the neckbeard society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE A NECKBEARD THAT NEEDS A SOCIETY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a beard that can be described as a neckbeard but it's not a neat trimmed one. Can I still join? I'm also a neckbeard kind of guy too (I own a fedora, watch anime, play video games too much, am overweight etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about nackbeard. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god oh fuck OH SHIT IM COMINGGGGGG AGGHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, can I join the neckbeard society, I drive a white van and wear a fedora and give children free candy as well, I think that qualifies me quite well to join the society.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would have no greater pleasure or privelage in life than to join this society.

    ReplyDelete